Friday, May 4, 2012

Kentucky Derby

It's that time of the year again....Kentucky Derby time!


credit: times union
I've never been a huge fan of the races, well that was until I met my fiance' who is a lover of the sport. We're actually going to the track this evening to celebrate his father's birthday. I must remember to bring my camera because I will be doing more people watching, then betting. Side note, don't you love to people watch:)
I have also become a lot better at placing bets. I never bet more than $20. And I don't think I've ever won more than $10. But it's something fun to do every once and a while.



my photo

 I remember our first date consisted of going to many places in the Queen City, one being River Downs. I was so intimidated/humored  by the retired men smoking their cigars, and wearing their very short khaki shorts. Tube socks pulled higher than most:) makes me laugh just thinking about it.

My grandparents enjoyed going to the track, so I vaguely remember watching a few Derby races with my family. But I've also decided that I want my bridal shower to be a hat themed shower..so excited! I'm kind of more excited about the types of hats friends and family will be wearing then the gifts I'll be getting. I love watching the Derby because of the fashion. What girl doesn't. But it is a bit annoying of how mainstream it's become nowadays.

Will you be watching the derby, and do you have a favorite memory?

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment