Monday, July 23, 2012

Our Garden

So a few years ago, I got into the whole organic scene. I bought a lot of organic veggies and fruit, and I even created a organic garden bed in my mother's front yard. Unfortunately the garden bed only lasted a summer, but the veggies were awesome!








I've been able to keep up the gardening. Mostly flowers, but some vegetables. I think tomatoes are the easiest. It seems as though you see the fruit of your labor quickly when it comes to the tomato. And this year we have a big boy tomato pot, and cherry tomatoes in their own pot. About a month ago we picked a lovely large juicy red tomato from the garden, and haven't seen anything else since:( But our cherry tomatoes are thriving! We have them several times a week with our salads.

We also have watermelon, peppers, broccoli, and basil. Of the four we've picked one pepper, and have yet to see watermelon, and the broccoli. But we use the basil almost daily. Now I understand some of the veggies need to be in much much larger containers, but I think I'll just continue to give my love to the tomatoes...sorry other veggies. Maybe we can try it again next year:)


Andi*

No comments:

Post a Comment